- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) study of acute infection in Gay Men launches. LINK
- Dr. Montaner receives $2.5 million Avant Garde Award from the US National Institute on Drug Abuse to further develop the proposed expansion of HAART, known as 'STOP HIV/AIDS' LINK
- BC Premier Gordon Campbell commits to support STOP HIV/AIDS as a pilot project to expand access to HIV/AIDS drugs to marginalized populations of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside and Prince George.
- 'Does HIV Look Like Me? International' is founded and sets up office in Vancouver. The organization works locally and globally to reduce the stigma associated with HIV and AIDS. LINK
- James Kreppner passes away at age 47. James was a prominent lawyer and HIV/AIDS activist, whose involvement with the Canadian Hemophilia Society helped ensure the Canadian blood supply was safe. LINK
- Aboriginal Strategy on HIV/AIDS in Canada (ASHAC) announces its new strategies to meet new challenges the First Nations, Inuit and Metis populations face. LINK